Photo File from THEPHILBIZNEWS
Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque believes that after Senator Antonio Trillanes IV failed to get a temporary restraining order from the Supreme Court on Tuesday, the government can now freely implement President Rodrigo Duterte’s proclamation that revoked the presidential amnesty granted to the senator and ordered his arrest.
“There is no legal impediment now to implement Proclamation 572. He had his day in court and he failed,” Roque said in a Palace briefing on Wednesday.
However, the Palace Spokesman reiterated the position of the President, who said that he would wait for the issuance of an arrest warrant from Regional Trial Court against Senator Trillanes.
Roque added, “There is no legal impediment but the President has previously decided that he will await the action of the Regional Trial Court but I do not want to preempt the President on whatever position he may have now. But that was the last position of the President.”