Advertisementspot_img
Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Delivering Stories of Progress

Advertisementspot_img

It’s final and official: Mislatel is the 3rd telco player

Latest article

Advertisement - PS02barkero developers premium website

THEPHILBIZNEWS Partner Hotels

Okada
Manila
Hotel Okura Manila
The Manor at Camp John Hay
Discovery Suites
Novotel Manila
Hotel 101 Manila
Advertisement - PS02barkero developers premium website

It’s official.  The National Telecommunications Commission has already issued an order awarding to Mislatel, a company identified with Dennis Uy-led Udenna Corp, Chelsea Logistics Holdings and China Telecommunications Corp. as the third telco player in the Philippines.

Interestingly, the NTC selection committee denies the motion for reconsideration filed by PT&T appealing for the result of the third telco selection process. The committee also junked Sear Telecom’s appeal seeking to declare Mislatel Consortium guilty of misrepresentation of facts and concealing material evidence in the bidding.
 
Meanwhile, the Department of Information and Communications Technology Acting Secretary Eliseo Rio, Jr. said that there was an oversight body that determined which amongst the bidders is the most qualified to be the new major service provider based on “highest committed level of service.”
 
The DICT wants that the company with the highest committed level of service to be chosen as the third telco carrier. On the other hand, the Department Of Finance prefers to hold an auction for the frequencies.  The desired floor price set by DOF was over P6 billion from the previously reported P36.58 billion.
 

On the part of PLDT, it has already informed the government about their plan to divest some of its radio frequencies, which will be available to the country’s upcoming third telecommunications player. No less than, PLDT President and CEO Manuel Pangilinan officially communicated to the government that it will surrender 10 Mhz of 3G radio frequency held by CURE for no compensation.

Meanwhile, DICT Secretary Rio when asked by THEPHILBIZNEWS on the reaction from observers that the decision to award to Dennis Uy’s Udenna was not rushed. In a text message sent by DICT Chief to us, he said, “Nothing was rushed. The timeline are all in the TOR that was finalized even before everyone knew that Chinese President Xi is coming. Had either PT&T or SEAR made an appeal last Friday, NTC couldn’t have made a decision today.”

Advertisement - PS04spot_img

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Advertisement - PS05spot_img
Advertisement - PS01spot_img

Must read

Advertisement - PS03spot_img