Author: Konstantin Kostadinov, Senior Sales Director in CEE & CIS at Rakuten Viber
Alipay, Grab, Rappi, Careem, WeChat, Gojek.
What do these apps have in common? They all are used and loved by millions of people, have a lot of unique features, and are important tech market disruptors. But most importantly, they all are superapps. The apps offer a wide range of services, from messaging and payments to transportation and food delivery. Superapps have become a popular way to stay connected and get things done quickly and easily. Many people use them to book appointments, order food, and pay bills – all within one app. For these and many other reasons, superapps are very popular in Asia and are now gaining traction in other parts of the world as well.
Today, people are no longer satisfied with using separate software for different needs. On average, customers spend 77% of their time on their top 3 apps and almost half of their time in one of them. That’s why nowadays, users want an all-in-one solution that can provide them with everything they need, and that’s exactly what a superapp is.
And what is the best choice for an ultimate app with all the needed tools collected in one place? A messaging app, of course! Messaging apps offer a fast, convenient way to keep in touch with friends and family, stay up to date with the latest news, share photos and videos, and even play games. What’s more, messaging apps are constantly evolving, with new features and updates being released all the time, making apps a great tool for users and businesses. Gone are the days when we only used messaging apps to text each other – now, they’re powerful instruments for everyday life. With superapps, users can:
– Book appointments and tickets
– Order food and groceries
– Book travel and accommodation
– Manage finances
– Pay bills
– Watch videos
– Access customer support
And that’s just scratching the surface.
How can marketers utilize the power of superapps?
For marketers who want to be ahead of the curve and find new ways to reach their target audience, superapps are great to provide consumers with a truly seamless experience that won’t go unnoticed. Here’s how you can use superapps to your advantage:
– Promote your brand. Create a unique experience for your customers or offer them exclusive deals and discounts. By being present in the app, you can reach out to customers when they are most likely to be receptive.
– Build awareness. With millions of users, superapps offer a great way to reach a large audience with your marketing message. Make sure your content stands out and is relevant to the app’s users.
– Personalize your offerings. Superapps give brands a great opportunity to work with customer data. When you know your audience’s interests, you can create marketing messages and special deals that are tailored to their needs.
– Build loyalty. By offering a variety of services and features all in one place, you are more likely to keep your customers coming back. Plus, the more time they spend using the app, the more likely they are to make purchases.
– Generate leads. By using superapps, brands can communicate directly with their target audience and nurture them by providing timely and relevant information. Ultimately, it helps businesses convert more leads into customers.
– Drive conversions. By integrating with a superapp, your company can reach a huge audience of potential customers who are already using it for other things. This gives you a unique opportunity to promote your products and services to a highly engaged clientele. Besides, you can use superapps to drive traffic to your website or brick-and-mortar stores.
– Upsell and cross-sell. With a superapp, you can offer your clients a variety of additional products and services that they may be interested in, based on their interests. Offer customers additional products and services that complement what they’re already using. For example, if a customer books a hotel room through a superapp, you could give them a discount on a rental car or a meal at a nearby restaurant.
– Advertise natively. Most superapps offer native advertising solutions that allow you to promote your products and services in a way that is not intrusive and blends in with the app’s design and user experience. This is a great way to reach out to potential customers without interrupting their experience.
– Use audience segmentation. For example, you can segment your audience into groups based on their demographics, location, or interests. This would allow you to target potential customers with specific content that is really relevant to them.
– Provide customer support. Superapps combine the best features of traditional apps with the ability to provide top-tier client assistance. You can interact with your audience in a more personal way and provide them with a more comprehensive support experience. Besides, with superapps you can do this in a variety of languages. This is important for brands that want to work with a global audience. Plus, you can integrate customer support with other features of the app, for example, through chatbots or a live chat feature.
– Leverage cross-service offers. If you are using payment services on the superapp, users can benefit from special offers from merchants in the same ecosystem (e.g. discounts, cashback, etc.). This is a great way to increase customer loyalty and drive sales.
– Unleash creativity. Superapps offer a wide range of tools and features that brands can use to create truly unique and innovative experiences. From AI-powered chatbots to AR filters, there are endless possibilities for how you engage with your customers in new and exciting ways.
Examples of some superapp features on Viber
Superapps are becoming more and more popular as people realize how convenient and efficient they can be. As a marketing tool, superapps have a lot of potential, and marketers throughout the world are already exploring the platforms for brand growth strategies. They can help reach a wide audience and offer a lot of different features that can be used to promote a product or service. Plus, they can be customized to fit the needs of a specific marketing campaign.
There are a few superapps that are particularly popular with marketers. Viber has already entered the league, and this is a part of our long-term strategy to provide users with as many services as possible and give brands more opportunities to interact with their clients in the native environment. Through a range of Viber for Business solutions and products, brands can use Viber to provide users with up-to-date information about their courier packages and deliveries, make utility payments, order food, and more, – all directly through the app. And this is just the beginning.
About the author: Konstantin Kostadinov, Senior Sales Director in CEE & CIS at Rakuten Viber