Advertisementspot_img
Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Delivering Stories of Progress

Advertisementspot_img

BOI’s gives green light to P92M modular housing company to boost housing in PH

Latest article

Advertisement - PS02barkero developers premium website

THEPHILBIZNEWS Partner Hotels

Hotel Okura Manila
Hotel 101
The Manor at Camp John Hay
Novotel Manila
Taal Vista Hotel
Advertisement - PS02barkero developers premium website

By Alithea De Jesus

As the government continues to fulfill its vision to provide for more affordable but quality housing, the Philippine Board of Investments (BOI) recently gave the nod to the application of Connovate Philippines Inc. (CPI) as a New Producer of Housing Component using Modular Housing Components.

The Php93 million project located in Panabo City, Davao del Norte is expected to produce 47,763 square meters (wall area) yearly upon its formal operation starting in December 2020 and tapping 46 personnel. “Given the pandemic, construction firms will likely adapt to modularization and prefabrication for a more effective assembly line and cost-efficiency that will result in accelerated project completions and more productivity for workers. This is particularly important as there are several projects in the pipeline and the infrastructure program of the government remains in full swing. Once modular and prefabrication gain more traction, it will not only lead to lower costs but also a tougher and longer life-span of structures, as studies have shown,” Trade Undersecretary and BOI Managing Head Ceferino Rodolfo said.

CPI is an existing company engaged in the production of high performance concrete panels. The company has existing operations in Brgy. Tartaria, Silang, Cavite and Brgy. Santo Domingo, Iriga City, Camarines Sur which produce High Performance Precast Wall Panel. This is the third project of the firm with the BOI.

Connovate is an advanced concrete production technology developed in Denmark, optimized in building system for high performance concrete. The concrete panels are superior in quality with 100 years lifespan. It is considered high-strength and lightweight yet slim and compact, with smooth and non-porous surface. The premium thermal insulation makes the panels fire- and earthquake-resistant. CPI has acquired the exclusive production licensing agreement from Connovate Denmark (CD) and homegrown workers will have the opportunity to be educated of the technology and process being used by CD, which is different from the conventional construction done by most contractors.

CPI has a pending trademark application at the Intellectual Property Office (IPO). The firm’s Connovate Precast Wall Panel product is also listed as an accredited technology by the Accreditation of Innovative Technologies for Housing (AITECH). AITECH was conceived as a result of the numerous building technologies that have been developed in the last few years using nontraditional or alternative materials and systems. Its primary aim is finding potential in reducing over-all housing costs. It has thus become imperative to accredit innovative technologies for low-cost housing.

Per AITECH’s website, the Connovate Precast Wall Panel product is the first high-performance concrete (HPC) solution for the low-income housing projects. Aside from using low-carbon emission material, the technology’s construction time is twice faster than the traditional construction.

Demand for affordable housing (socialized, economic, and low cost) is expected to reach 6.5 million units by 2022, according to government data. Out of these units, 25 percent or 1.7 million are being prioritized by the government while the remaining 75 percent or 4.8 million units are expected to be served by the private sector.  Annual demand for mass housing is around 330,000 units while the annual production capacity of housing developers is around 233,000 units.

Advertisement - PS04spot_img

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Advertisement - PS05spot_img
Advertisement - PS01spot_img

Must read

Advertisement - PS03spot_img