Advertisementspot_img
Sunday, October 2, 2022

Delivering Stories of Progress

Advertisementspot_img

‘Cease and desist’ order for 3 business establishments for polluting Manila Bay, other companies summoned

Latest article

Advertisement - PS02barkero developers premium website

THEPHILBIZNEWS Partner Hotels

Okada
Manila
Hotel Okura Manila
The Manor at Camp John Hay
Discovery Suites
Novotel Manila
Hotel 101 Manila
Advertisement - PS02barkero developers premium website
‘Cease and desist’ order for 3 business establishments for polluting Manila Bay, other companies summoned
By Monsi A. Serrano

Photo File From THEPHILBIZNEWS

As the Manila Bay rehabilitation started under the tutelage of the  Department of Environment and Natural Resources, three commercial establishments were slapped with cease and desist orders by the government for “generating and discharging pollutive wastewater”.

The three establishments are Aristocrat Restaurant, Gloria Maris Shark’s Fin Restaurant and The Esplanade San Miguel by the Bay.

President Rodrigo Duterte gave green light on the proposed rehabilitation plan Manila Bay spearheaded by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources and he earmarked P42.95 billion budget for the said environmental development project which is expected to be completed within three years.

In the text message sent by The Philippine Business and News to DENR Chief Roy Cimatu asking him if they are expecting more establishments to be closed, we have not received any update yet. But source closed to Cimatu who did not want to be quoted for lack of authority to speak on the issue said, “they expect more establishments will be caught because it is very tempting to do that due to proximity of Manila Bay to their establishments.”

As per DENR’s order, they immediately sought for the cutting off the water sources of the these 3 establishments to prevent them from discharging wastewater. While they can still operate their businesses for the time being, it is not remote that their establishments will be permanently closed in the next few days.

When asked if these violators can pay the fine to continue their operations, the DENR representative said that will be subjected for further the evaluation and final decision will be done by the DENR Secretary.

There are others establishments will be summoned to explain what “remedial measures” they will do after they “notices” were served to them for violating the Clean Water Act and these are Aliw Inn, SM Corporate Offices, SM Prime Holdings, SM Mall of Asia, Lola Taba & Lolo Pato (Seaside Commercial Spaces), SM Prime Holdings – SM Ferry Terminal (MOA complex) and SMDC Residences Condominium.

“This is a battle that will be won not with force or arms but with the firm resolve to bring Manila Bay back to life,” Environment Secretary Roy Cimatu said in a statement.

Last year, President Duterte and DENR were successfully clear and cleaned Boracay and reopened after the rehabilitation.

See related story:

DOT approved reopening of 25 Boracay hotels, resorts
http://thephilbiznews.com/2018/09/01/dot-approved-reopening-of-25-boracay-hotels-resorts/

 
Advertisement - PS04spot_img

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Advertisement - PS05spot_img
Advertisement - PS01spot_img

Must read

Advertisement - PS03spot_img