With the growing incidents of cancer in the country, The Medical City (TMC) launched its new home of hope for cancer patients – the Augusto P. Sarmiento Cancer Institute (APSCI), named after its Chairman of the Board and one of the country’s top surgical oncologists last August 8.
The APSCI adopts a unique multidisciplinary team approach to cancer prevention, early detection, diagnosis, and management. It applies innovative molecular technologies in diagnosis and treatment for truly customized care.
One of the highlights of the launch was the unveiling of the APSCI signage and historical marker at the 8th Floor Nursing Tower, TMC in Ortigas, Pasig City. A short program followed at the main lobby where a grand exhibit is mounted featuring the institute’s brand of cancer care.
Present during the event were TMC President and CEO Dr. Alfredo R. A. Bengzon, Senior Vice President for the Medical Services Group Dr. Eugenio Jose F. Ramos, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer Jose Xavier B. Gonzales, APSCI Director Dr. Daniel M. Alonzo and Deputy Directors Drs. Beatrice Tiangco and Manuel Francisco Roxas, TMC doctors, managers, and staff, patient partners, and the honoree, Dr. Augusto P. Sarmiento.
The Medical City (TMC) is one of the country’s admired hospital for their caring people, established system in the hospital. It is a tertiary care hospital in the Philippines where its health care complex serves some 40,000 in-patients and 400,000 out-patients annually. TMC has a medical staff of over 1,000 physicians complemented by 2,200 workers engaged in allied medical, administrative and support services.
Apart from that, The Medical City has four provincial hospitals and 35 clinic sites in 31 locations in Metro Manila and in selected provinces in the Philippines strategically situated in Clark, Iloilo, Laguna, and Pangasinan.
TMC Chairman of the Board Dr. Augusto P. Sarmiento was one of the first Filipino surgical residents who had training at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, the Valhalla of Cancer Surgery in New York City. He stayed for four years, from 1954 to 1958, completing his training under the American surgeon widely regarded as the Father of Head and Neck Surgery, Dr. Hayes Martin.
To know more about The Medical City, visit www.themedicalcity.com